WE WANT YOU TO GET INVOLVED
2018 is off to a great start and it looks like it will be another banner year for Southwest Metro Pickleball Club! Your club and opportunities to play, compete and make new friends have taken a giant leap; and we’re getting noticed both regionally and nationally – more to follow on this in a bit.
You asked for our club to help promote Pickleball in our communities, to assess and develop your Pickleball skills, to provide education and training to learn more about our sport, and we are going to deliver on these requests in a big way this year!
Over the next few days and weeks we will provide more detailed information, released here on our club website and in email messages to our club members. We will be announcing new and exciting partnerships that will expand benefits to all our members; with Tria we will offer new wellness and lifestyle classes for everyone; we will conduct referee training classes, run skill assessment, skill development opportunities in clinics, classes, lessons, and drills; and announce several local tournaments.
Here’s your chance to get more involved in your club – we need your help to pull them off. Join your fellow club members, take advantage of these opportunities, participate in the events, volunteer to help run our tournaments. Have fun with your fellow Pickleballers!
Here is a rundown of some of the things you will be hearing about in the next few days and weeks:
- All-Club Party and fund raising event with craft beer, good food, and pickleball friends. Join us the evening of March 26th at the Crooked Pint Ale House, 3210 Chaska Boulevard in Chaska. Fifteen percent of your bill will go to support new pickleball facilities development. Arrive anytime between 5:00 – 9:00 pm but you must bring a copy of the voucher on our website (link) to be part of this fundraising effort.
- New Pickleball hours at Champions Hall effective immediately. Open Play will be on Monday through Friday 10-2. Level 4.0 and above on Saturday from 12-4. If you have punch cards, please use them up. NO new punch cards will be issued. The cost will be $6.00 per day.
- July 4th Tournament at Eden Prairie’s Round Lake. Compete at YOUR level. And if you’re not the competitive type, we have lots of tournament logistics that need your help.
- August 8 – 12 our club will be running a USAPA Middle States REGIONAL Tournament at Dred Scott Fields in Bloomington. This will be a major upgrade from the past, with high-caliber players and pickleball fanatics from here and all over the country participating. We need tons of volunteers to pull this off, and you’ll have a blast!
- New playing venues, drills, clinics, lessons and referee training. The Club’s commitment to advocating for new facilities and growing members’ skills has never been higher. Keep your eye on our website for progress on new outdoor pickleball courts in Eden Prairie and Bloomington.
- You’ll also find clinics and classes to help you become a better player, and a calendar that tells you where you can play every day of the week.
These are the highlights we’re most excited about. But what we’re most proud of is we now have 523 members of Southwest Metro Pickleball Club, all who share a passion for the sport and the fun and fellowship of being with others who share this passion.
Please continue to help us grow and improve by volunteering at any of the events listed above.