Here’s a great opportunity for our Club to serve. The Normandale Center for Healing and Wholeness is a nonprofit organization that services seniors over the age of 60. They primarily use volunteers to visit seniors in their homes to help combat social isolation or provide respite for caregivers of a senior with mild to moderate memory loss. In addition to our 1:1 volunteer opportunities, they provide monthly group respite for caregivers who want to attend their Alzheimer Education and Support Groups. The time commitment and schedule can be very flexible. They are experiencing a steady increase in the demand for volunteers. Please help make sure these community members do not feel forgotten.
If interested, please contact Katie Heitzig, Volunteer Coordinator at Normandale Center for Healing and Wholeness, [email protected], or 952.977.9374.
Helping cut the ribbon were City Council Member, Kristi Halverson, Barb Horgen, Public Works Director, Steve Stadler and Mayor Molly Cummings.
The content of the TipBit books for years 1 thru 5 are now posted in the Members Only area of the Club website. Members can now get hundreds of valuable tips on how to learn and play better pickleball.
Members can go to our website, access the Members Only area, open the pdf, go to the table of contents, find what article they want, scroll down until they find it and read or copy it.
Check it out!
We had a great turnout at the new Westwood, Bloomington courts, and a break in the deluge giving us beautiful weather for our First Annual SW Metro Pickleball Club Tournament. There were 55 teams competing over two days, and a great time was had by all.
We had the future of our club playing in the team of Elijah Conradi (14) and Jake Ballentine (13). Hopefully next year they will bring all their friends. Five teams of Beginners also joined us for the event. They had spirited competition, and a lot of fun while they learned the ropes.
Check out the winners and plan to come next year. It will be even bigger and better!
- Beginner: Virginia Bergstrom/Martha Ruddy
- Intermediate A Women’s: Quyen Lam/Pam Reimer
- Intermediate A Men’s: David Marks/Tom Swanson
- Intermediate A Mixed: Bella Boudreau/Eli Peterson
- Intermediate B Mixed: Laura Bruch/Jim Renich
- Advanced Intermediate A Women’s: Dianna St Aubin/Bridget McMullen
- Advanced Intermediate A Men’s: Bob Alexander/Dave Witcraft
- Advanced intermediate A Mixed: Taylor Uhl/Mohamed Ali
- Advanced intermediate B Mixed: Dianna St Aubin/Chris Pajak
- Advanced A Men’s: Ian Astbury/Brian Astbury
- Advanced A Mixed: Jackie Faegre/John Mitchell
- Advanced B Men’s: Jay Weisser/Ted Simmons