Become a Referee and have the opportunity to referee in the biggest tournament of all time in Minnesota!!
SouthWest Metro Pickleball Club (SWMPC) has the honor of hosting the USAPA Middle States Regional Pickleball Tournament (formerly Miracle Ear) in August 2018!! We anticipate in excess of 450 players!
A USAPA sanctioned tournament requires referees for ALL matches which means we need a lot of trained, experienced referees!
The SWMPC will conduct two classroom referee clinics and two outdoor training sessions to allow referees to gain experience. Some rules have been changed in 2018 and we have new procedures to make refereeing easier.
To get started:
- Go to USAPA.org — Rules and Referee section
- Read or download the rule book
- Read and download referee materials, Referee Handbook and Line Judge Guide
- Take the on-line referee test
- Attend a clinic:
- March 14 at Eden Prairie Community Center 6:00-8:00PM
- April 11 at Eden Prairie Community Center 6:00-8:00PM
- Practice refereeing casual games to gain experience
- Attend on court evaluation process in May dates and Locations TBD
**All referees at the tournament will be required to take a clinic, pass the on-line test and be observed refereeing matches
This is an exciting opportunity for you and SWMPC. Please sign-up and make this the greatest tournament ever!! Players and non-players welcome!
Thank you for helping out!!
USAPA Registered Referee Trainer
612-860-3839 pickleballje[email protected]
Registration is required. To register, go to: USAPA Referee Clinic Registration